„Only an educated patient is able to save his life through the appropriate treatment.”

Association


The Slovak Marfan Association is an independent non-political civic association with humanitarian goals. The Association is an association of the patients, their parents, relatives, doctors, scientists and experts, friends and other people who are not indifferent to the fate of people with Marfan Syndrome.....more >>>

Marfan Syndrome


Marfan Syndrome is an inherited disease of connective tissues that affects many organs, including skeleton, heart, blood vessels, eyes and lungs....read more >>>

Facebook


Slovak Marfan Association - Facebook group

Facebook group works actively. We keep information updated, provide space for patients´ and members´ Q&A´s >>>.

 “Feel free to join us.“


   NEWS   

  • Webinar - COVID-19 and Marfan, VEDS, Loeys-Dietz >>> (march 2020)
  • AMS: Annual meeting Slovak Marfan Association - cancelled >>> (march 2020)
  • #MarfanVictoryChallenge >>> (february 2020)
  • PEARS (Personalised External Aortic Root Support)
    PEARS (Personalised External Aortic Root Support) Kardiochirurgická metóda PEARS na Slovensku
  • AOPP - Valné zhromaždenie
    AOPP - Valné zhromaždenie Alžbeta Lukovičová - vrchný rad, 3. zľava
  • Seminár o problematike dlhodobobej starostlivosti
    Seminár o problematike dlhodobobej starostlivosti Zľava PhDr. Darina Danyiová a Alžbeta Lukovičová (prezidentka AMS)
  • 25. rokov SPOLU
    25. rokov SPOLU Torta pri príležitosti 25. výročia AMS, prezidentka A. Lukovičová
  • Stretnutie AMS 2018, Liptovský Ján
    Stretnutie AMS 2018, Liptovský Ján

In Slovakia, the number of people with Marfan Syndrome is assumed to be 1000 – 5000. 

Among them, only 10% are registered in Slovak Marfan Association and remaining 90% may be at life risk of not being informed and monitored.

marfan  If you know somebody with noticeably thin, long physique and disproportionately long limbs and toes or even a sunken chest, wearing glasses, he/she may have serious cardiology problems related to Marfan Syndrome Diagnosis. Offer them a helping hand and give advice on activities of Slovak Marfan Association.


Banking Institute: VÚB Bratislava

IBAN: SK2602000000003610348112

Account name: Asociácia Marfanovho syndrómu

For payments from abroad:
Bank address: Všeobecná úverová banka, Mlynské Nivy 1, 829 90 Bratislava 25, Slovakia
Account name: Asociácia Marfanovho syndrómu, Bratislava, Slovakia
SWIFT: SUBASKBX  IBAN: SK2602000000003610348112