The Slovak Marfan Association is an independent non-political civic association with humanitarian goals. The Association is an association of the patients, their parents, relatives, doctors, scientists and experts, friends and other people who are not indifferent to the fate of people with Marfan Syndrome. It operates in the territory of the Slovak Republic with its seat in Bratislava.
1. To bring together patients and relatives for mutual support, exchange of experience and improvement of medical care, ensure mutual communication.
2. To provide accurate and up-to-date information on Marfan syndrome to patients, family members, doctors, and others.
3. To provide expert recommendation for patients and their relatives.
4. To organize actions to promote the improvement of medical care for patients with Marfan syndrome and similar hereditary diseases.
5. To organize seminars, conferences, trainings with domestic and foreign participation.
The Marfan Syndrome Association is a member of:
The Association has an Executive Committee and a President. The supreme body is the General Assembly.
Lukovičová Alžbeta - President
RNDr. Dušinský Roman, CSc. - Vice-president
Doc. MUDr. Ondrejčák Michal, CSc.
Mgr. Demjanovičová Denisa
Ing. Kavická Katarína
RNDr. Mária Dušinská, CSc. – Honorary President of the Association, founder and long-time president
Professional advisory board
Doc. MUDr. Ondrejčák Michal, CSc. - genetics
Doc. MUDr. Kanáliková Katarína, CSc. - cardiology
Doc. MUDr. Mašura Jozef, CSc. - cardiology
MUDr. Dulková Katarína, PhD. - cardiology
MUDr. Bohuslav Hlôška – ophthalmology, surgery
... the list will be expanded to include other specialists …
Professional advisory board members are experts in Marfan syndrome and related connective tissue diseases, which provide the Association with professional experience, the latest medical information regarding the diagnosis and management of the disease, guarantee adequate professional medical care for people with Marfan syndrome, thus guaranteeing the professional activity of the association.
Ing. Jana Bitterová
Hana Kmotorková – chair
The section manages Facebook called "Marfan Syndrome Association". Created in 2010.
831 04 Bratislava
Mobile: 0903 74 74 24
Asociácia Marfanovho syndrómu, Dobrovičova 7, 811 02 Bratislava
Registration of Association: Ministry of Interior of the Slovak Republic,
Date of registration: 20. 05. 1993
File number: VVS/1-900/90-8153
Banking Institute: VÚB Bratislava
Account name: Asociácia Marfanovho syndrómu
For payments from abroad:
Bank address: Všeobecná úverová banka, Mlynské Nivy 1, 829 90 Bratislava 25, Slovakia
Account name: Asociácia Marfanovho syndrómu, Bratislava, Slovakia